There is a new blog called "The Dugout." (See links section). First post looks good and I couldn't agree more. Here's to Smore!
Monday, February 21, 2005
Man it's great to be talking about some actual action.
- Will Clark will be helping out this year....with the Diamondbacks. (Thanks Liam) So strike it up B.B 'cause the Thrill is gone. Apparently the switch had something to do with his agent and Arizona. You heard it here first: Because of these events the Diamondbacks will rise up and only lose the division by 15 games this year. :)
- Heard some recent ill-mannered Cubs fans on a message board (I know I know....trolling for trouble, a lion eating a fly, whale to plankton etc. humor me just a little 'cause I was wondering if they seriously have a point) talking about how the Cardinals are destroying Pujols' career by not sitting him out a year so that his heel may heal. So far Pujols has not yet undergone the surgery cutting part of the ligament in order to relieve the stress that his injury has caused, but has had 2 treatments of orthotripsy which help to cause ligament healing in 90% of folks. Continued PT after these treatments should not cause any further damage. (Info courtesy of WebMD; no, I'm not a med student) Sooooo when our Little bears suggested that we sit him, I think it was just wishful thinking on their part. When asked if he had been taking it easy this off season Pujols responded, "There's no easy work in the offseason," he said. "Does my body look like I took it easy?" (stlcardinals.com)
- Morris and Carpenter were throwing well and Duncan seems to think Morris will be ready by mid April. Very encouraging news considering the June 1 expectation date early announced.
- "Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!"
I know, I'm addicted.
Friday, February 18, 2005
- Interesting fact: Every year that Will Clark has helped out in the Cardinals' organization they have gone to the post-season--whether in the lineup or coaching during the Spring. Coincidence? Maybe...but I choose to think otherwise.
- Excited to see Myers in spring training. I'm really glad that we cheaply shored up the lefty part of the bullpen.
- X-files really struggled at the end of the season last year--I'm REALLY anxious to see how he performs.
- Here's hoping that Yadier proves us right for not shelling out for the "stickless" but likable Matheny. His battle with Diaz should prove to be interesting. Take note how much PT they both get.
- Anyone know who the Spring Training coaches are this year? Hopefully the "Thrill isn't gone."
- Ankiel--EVERY other eye will be on this kid. Here's wishing him well. Best of luck, Rick!
- A chance to see Bo Hart in action! Live it up Jupiter-folk. Watching his overachieving is quite the sight.
- How the heck are you going to do that? I don't know build her a cake or something.
Tuesday, February 01, 2005
I'm loving it. I love watching NL central competition leave town. Watching the likes of Beltran, Sosa, Alou, and Clement to name a few big names that have left town, sure makes you wonder why so many still don't give the Cardinals their proper due. In the Baseball Special of the Sporting News the Cardinals were picked to finish 2nd in the central. Why? The loss of Matheny, Womack, and Renteria too much to contend with? Please. Despite the fact that Molina is not the quality of Matheny--yet, and Eckky is definetly no Edgar, Grud IS an upgrade from the ailing Womack, and lest we forget we have X-files now. With a healthy Carpenter, Pujols (here's hoping), and Rolen how are the Redbirds not better? The departure of Beltran and the eating up of $$ by the Rocket has only hurt the Astros, and the Cubs are saying goodbye to a lot of power and a very strong starter. As for the Reds and the Pirates, I don't see any major improvements that would warrant their pick as the new big dog in the Central. Wow this is going to be an exciting season--too bad there is a ton of basketball between now and then...