Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Having missed a sweep...

If one were to be out of town the Chicago series was one to miss. So I'll just pretend that Izzy can throw strikes, Pujols can average more than 1 hit per series, and as Rob at Birdwatch said, "Sitting Edmonds leaves the Cardinals' lineup looking like Pujols, Rolen and the Seven Dwarves in a one-run game."

So...after our sweep of the Phillies we come back home to our brand new stadium and after an amazing game in which Pujols get his 4th of the season and Mulder hits his first ever, we are sitting pretty with a well deserved day off before the game on wed. Opening day was fantastic, as the closest I was able to get was to drive by the stadium just before at 3 central on HWY 64 on my way back from Oklahoma. Does anyone understnad how torturous this was for me? I was completely helpless, being so close, no way to get a ticket, sniff...sniff...I can't take anymore. I'll have to write more later....sniff...
-CJ

No comments: