Monday, October 18, 2004

Bah!

To all those out there who have started putting up your Christmas decorations I say, "Bah Humbug!"

Only thing more annoying than a "two fingered Texan" is a "two-pitcher ball club." That is why I sincerely doubt this series will go past game 6. It still doesn't make me happy that the series is now tied up.

Will someone like the Mariners please sign Beltran? If the Cardinals can't have him, please let him sign with the equivalent of Siberia.

Was that not the ugliest homerun you have ever seen?

Would like to face the Schillingless Red Sox. That's why I'm keeping an eye on the impossible. Every team has their token jerk. Some have more than their fair share. The Red Sox have Manny and Pedro. The Yankees have Steinbrenner (by popular opinion). The Astros have Clemens. We have Tavarez and Kline. While these boys aren't the face of the team as the other said players/owner, they have been very productive this year. That being said I feel that LaRussa made the move to the bullpen too early yesterday. Marquis had plenty left in the tank, and I believe that LaRussa may be a tad overconfident in said jerks. As I heard a man talk about his Oklahoman senator, "Yeah he's an SOB but he's our SOB."

"To me momentum is nothing more than tomorrow's starting pitcher."
-Brian at RedBird Nation

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." -Dave Barry

-CJ

No comments: