Tuesday, October 19, 2004

"I doubt the series will go past game 6."

I sure hope that I'm wrong. Holy monkey! A dual 1 hitter through 6! I'm glad I'm not a betting man. My only question is: With two strikes to Berkman...why walk him. Talking to my friend Peter White from , Mariner Musings, he simply replied, "It's Berkman." Point taken. But we walked him to get to Kent? Lose lose situation. And don't give me that Kent hits into a lot of double plays if the only time you have watched him play was in the division series. Wow did Lidge make Pujols look silly on that last at-bat! That doesn't happen too many times. From a man who doesn't have cable--I was pretty steamed with the Red Sox. In the time the Cardinals finished their game, it took the Red Sox and Yankees 14 innings. Why am I only mad at the Red Sox, you ask. Well I'll tell you. (Back ground singers) *He's going to tell! He's going to tell! etc.* "Stop that! Stop that! No singing!" Because David "fat man" Ortiz was stealing! What in tarnation!?!!? Sure you can argue that he was safe (though called out), sure you can argue that it caught everyone surprised, but the fact of the matter is its David Ortiz stealing!!!!!! Do the Red Sox want to go home early? But there was an even more inept play. Earlier Damon has a lead off broken bat single.....and what does he do? He steals while Cabreara is trying to bunt. WITH NO OUTS!!!!! It must have been a missed sign or something. This does not appear to be a normal Damon. Maybe he's the anti-Sampson! He SHOULD cut his hair and he'll be back to normal.

"Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer."-Ted Williams
-CJ

No comments: