Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quick Note

Good win tonight, though I can't fathom how we only scored six runs despite getting 18 hits. Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I was watching a fan blog during the game and people were talking about how Perez seems to be the de-facto closer now (three saves in row.....I'm not sure I can deal with that kind boring result!). One guy said that Izzy had always made things too exciting and it was only a matter of time before almost blown saves became actual blown saves. Another guy responded that "Isringhausen" is actually German for "lead-off walk". HA! Well, I thought it was funny anyway. Hopefully we are a little more productive with RISP tomorrow and we take 3 of 4. The Cubs and Brewers don't seem likely to give us much in the mean time.



-Trey

1 comment:

Pitchers Hit Eighth said...

6 runs on 18 hits is done like this:

Hit nothing but singles until the 7th inning (and only 3 extra base hits in the entire game), but you can't have more than two hits in an inning. Oh, and get runners thrown out at both third base and home.

A win is a win is a win though.