Thursday, August 26, 2004

Pujols' Third Hit

  • Fortunetly I don't have as much time as usually to spend on my post-- I get to spend the evening at the Great American Ballpark. I've never been to Cincinnati so I am quite excited.
  • After a two-run homer and a double, Pujols lays down a great bunt to catch the Reds on their heels. I would love to see Barry Bonds lay down a bunt these days. Pujols' bunt single was the difference. At what point do you say, "Bonds gets a whole lot of walks, Pujols wins games." I think we are getting closer.
  • Sanders should be back in the lineup, as he had padding on his elbow. Womack should be back as well.
  • Looking closer at Cedendo's contract, the Mets might be picking up part of it. Anyone know where I might be able to track down this information?

-CJ

4 comments:

Peter said...

I recommend Dugout Dollars (http://dugoutdollars.blogspot.com/) for contract details. Looks like the Cards are giving him $1 million this year and another mil next. From there, I can't tell if they're paying the remainder over '07 and '08.

But according to Chris Karhl of Baseball Prospectus back in April about the trade, "the Mets are footing around nine-tenths of the bill." So I gather that the Mets are paying the remaining $8 mil, perhaps more.

alphawoman said...

When it rained this afternoon I thought about you and made a wish that it clears up for your adventure in Cincinnati tonight!

Cardinal John said...

Thanks for the website, Pete. Hope you have a good and safe trip. Lookforward to seeing you this weekend.
-CJ

Cardinal John said...

Glad you did, Mary. Game was beautiful. Weather was perfect. With the exception of the Cardinals loss it was a great night at the ballpark.
-CJ