Monday, February 21, 2005

Did I mention...SPRING!!!!

Man it's great to be talking about some actual action.

  • Will Clark will be helping out this year....with the Diamondbacks. (Thanks Liam) So strike it up B.B 'cause the Thrill is gone. Apparently the switch had something to do with his agent and Arizona. You heard it here first: Because of these events the Diamondbacks will rise up and only lose the division by 15 games this year. :)
  • Heard some recent ill-mannered Cubs fans on a message board (I know I know....trolling for trouble, a lion eating a fly, whale to plankton etc. humor me just a little 'cause I was wondering if they seriously have a point) talking about how the Cardinals are destroying Pujols' career by not sitting him out a year so that his heel may heal. So far Pujols has not yet undergone the surgery cutting part of the ligament in order to relieve the stress that his injury has caused, but has had 2 treatments of orthotripsy which help to cause ligament healing in 90% of folks. Continued PT after these treatments should not cause any further damage. (Info courtesy of WebMD; no, I'm not a med student) Sooooo when our Little bears suggested that we sit him, I think it was just wishful thinking on their part. When asked if he had been taking it easy this off season Pujols responded, "There's no easy work in the offseason," he said. "Does my body look like I took it easy?" (stlcardinals.com)
  • Morris and Carpenter were throwing well and Duncan seems to think Morris will be ready by mid April. Very encouraging news considering the June 1 expectation date early announced.
  • "Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!"

I know, I'm addicted.

-CJ

No comments: