Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lohse-I think I'm gonna be sick

I don't honestly believe that Lohse deserves a $10M a year contract...and for four years. You mean we couldn't have gone after Sheets or Sabathia? This is the kind of contract we made a mistake with regarding Jimmy Ballgame and Izzy. I just don't see this going well. I thought the Cards' brass was going to make a move that would be more like Suppan, Marquis, and Weaver--let other teams overpay. Simple economics people. Honestly, I think Brad Penny is the perfect type of Duncan-rehab player. Don't be surprised to see him sign with the Cards.

-CJ

2 comments:

Cardinal70 said...

We'll see. I'm of the opinion that he'll be better than Carlos Silva was, who got the same contract last year. The NTC is a problem, perhaps. Still, it should help Mozeliak in his moves this offseason.

Here's hoping, at least!

Sarah said...

I would love to see Penny with the 'Birds next year. Doesn't sound like Moze plans on adding any more starting pitchers, though.