Friday, April 09, 2010

Comeback Cards

Yeah I know, before you say anything, I know I forgot to finish the season preview. I'll still try and get to it at some point. I think. Anyway, exciting game tonight. Cards score two in the top of the ninth by the surprising way of a Nick Stavinoha pinch-hit two-run home run. Perhaps more importantly, the bullpen actually did well after some real struggles in the first series. Hawkesworth and Reyes each pitched a scoreless inning following a not quite stellar start by Lohse. Franklin got the save with a scoreless bottom of the ninth. Certainly it seems that the offense could be MUCH better than last year based on the first few games, and hopefully the starting pitching will be at least as good, but the bullpen is where the few questions we have lie. Tonight was definitely a nice step in the right direction. The Cards close this series against the Brew Crew before their first homestand of the year starts on Monday by playing on Sunday night baseball, so I am looking forward to seeing them live for the first time then. Carp starts I believe, so should be good times!




-Trey

No comments: