Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's Good to be Right...

I don't have much time to do a proper write up. However, 4 starts, 3 wins, and a tiny ERA later, I will begin to toot my own horn for Penny. I noted some time ago that he would be an excellent addition under DD...I noted it even before he went to the Sox. And when he was let go by the Sox I wanted him then. So, yeah, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn, or something like that.

And then our own Trey was excited about the Penny signing--while others moaned. Now Penny is pitching lights out. The only downside of that is if he's a Type A at the end of the season (I still doubt that) then we can't offer him arbitration--and I think that means no supplementary draft picks. Correct me if I'm wrong. However, if we get Type A FA stuff outta him this year...then I'll say he was well worth the cash.

-CJ

1 comment:

Trey said...

Yeah, Penny has been even better than I expected him the be. The starting pitching overall you'd have to say has been excellent (though Lohse obviously has been the weak link). The offense seems to be kinda feast or famine, so hopefully they'll find some consistentcy. The most recent famine was brought-on by Linecum/Zito/Cain though, so I think the guys will heat-up now that they are out of San Francisco.