Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Ankiel's got one...


...and it's not for taking pictures. Other than preserving a "W" for the Cards, the best thing about his two throws (which, if you haven't seen click here) is that many teams are going to seriously think twice before running on him in the future. What's amazing on both the throws was his accuracy from such a distance...ironic, no?

So...TLR was obviously trying to get the bullpen some rest. But I wouldn't be too surprised if there is some hesitancy to pass on close games to the bullpen. Nevertheless, it was good to see Looper go that long. Although it did get a little shaky at the end. I'm going to have to chalk this one up as "losable". No, not all 1 run games would be considered "losable". However, if it wasn't for solid hitting from Looper and those throws from Ankiel then our beloved Redbirds might not have pulled it off. Perfect throws to third from deep center and batting heroics from pitchers is not something I want to rely on.

Okay...okay...I admit. We have it good right now. Real good. Second best record in the bigs. I really can't complain. However, before the break there needs to be a move. Duncan and Reyes and change for a good bat. In the near future, I'll be posting my most wanted list (a good want). In the mean time, let me know your wish list. Who would you like to see join the Cardinal ranks? Who should go? I'd love to get your feedback.

-CJ

No comments: