Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Jimmy = Cub

It's all over but the signing. Even if Jimmy wants to be a Cub to stick to those who traded him, he'll always be a Cardinal to me. Besides, it was that defiant attitude that we all loved about him to begin with. No, I won't like to see him in Cub blue. Overall, I don't feel that this is the best opportunity for him. I think that the Cub fans won't want him there, it will hurt his restaurant, and won't win any friends within Cardinal nation. Honestly, I thought that the Cards were MORE than loyal to him. The deal he got at the end of the 2006 season was MORE than generous. On the other hand, TLR's comments "that we don't need another left handed AB" (can't find my source...it disappeared on me) don't seem to help matters much as it appeared rather dismissive--but it was probably beyond that anyway.

For me it's shame, but if I could be there at Busch, I don't care if I'm the only one standing, I'll be applauding on my feet chanting "Jimmy! Jimmy!"

-CJ

No comments: